Australian Taxation Office
New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
December 2015 edition of TaxTalk Monthly is now available. This month's featured articles include:
- Paying Taxes 2016
- ATO resolves disputes and prepares for more audits
- Board of Taxation release consultation paper on the implementation of anti-hybrid rules
- International Transfer Pricing 2015/16
- Now is the time to become an Australian Trusted Trader
- Asset Management Tax Highlights – Asia Pacific
- Tax Function of the Future: Unlocking the power of data and analytics
- Transfer Pricing Perspectives: Beyond boundaries
TaxTalk also includes a monthly roundup of developments in corporate tax, employment tax, indirect tax, international tax, superannuation, legislative updates and other news updates.
Treasury Legislation Amendment (Repeal Day 2015) Bill 2015, which proposes to simplify the superannuation guarantee (SG) charge, enable the Commissioner of Taxation to pay certain superannuation amounts directly to individuals with a terminal medical condition, remove the requirement for superannuation funds to lodge a separate biannual lost members statement and amend the tax law to remove a number of inoperative or spent provisions including the tax-exempt infrastructure borrowing concession, was debated in the House of Representatives yesterday. Debate was adjourned.
Foreign investment review framework
The Senate has referred an inquiry into the foreign investment review framework to the Senate Economics References Committee for inquiry and report by 4 February 2016. Submissions to the inquiry can be made until 15 January 2016.