Ian Harper's review of competition policy is the most significant review of Australia’s competition laws and policy in more than 20 years. The panel was tasked with a broad ranging review, encompassing consideration of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the regulatory institutions who administer and enforce competition and consumer laws. The final report was released on 31 March 2015.
The Harper Panel's recommendations are set to drive major regulatory reform which, if implemented, will impact on Australian businesses across a wide range of sectors.
We will be working closely with our clients to identify the opportunities and challenges that the proposed reforms may provide. We will also keep you up to date on the Government's response to the report and the status of legislative reforms.
This is a live website and more information will be added as we further analyse the report and its implications and keep you updated on future developments.
THE MAJOR ISSUES: BRIEFING MATERIALS
Allens' Competition team has put together the following tools for our clients as they consider the impact of the Harper recommendations on their businesses:
- Access / Part IIIA: Learn more
- Cartels, Price Signalling and Joint Ventures: Learn more
- Class actions: Learn more
- Extra-territoriality: Learn more
- Competition Regulation of Government Activity: Learn more
- Health, Education and Community Services: Learn more
- Intellectual Property: Learn more
- Mergers: Learn more