The Q3 2015 Halo Report has been released by The Angel Resource Institute at Willamette University (ARI) and PitchBook. The Halo Report analyzes angel group investment activity and trends in the United States. Here are a couple interesting Q3 2015 highlights:
- The median seed-stage valuation has hit an all-time high of $4M (up from $3M in 2014);
- The median round size in deals with only angel investors was $725K and the median round size in deals when angels co-invest with non-angels was $1.71M (both up materially from Q3 2014);
- The Halo Reports provides a list of the most active angel groups by deal count in 2015;
- California continues to be the leading region in terms of the most angel capital invested and highest angel deal count (with totals thru Q3 2015 at 19.7% and 21.1%, respectively, of the U.S. totals); and
- The top three industry sectors attracting angel investment were software, healthcare and commercial services (in terms of both total dollars invested and total deal count).
A copy of the full report can be found here, and the infographic is below.
Click here to view image.