New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Updated: Public Rulings Program, as at 13 February 2015, includes the following updates:
- final ruling on special conditions for various entities whose ordinary or statutory income is exempt (previously released in draft as TR 2014/D5) to be released on 25 February 2015
- two final determinations on aspects of section 974-80 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (previously released in draft as TD 2014/D18 and TD 2014/D19) to be released on 18 March 2015
- Decision Impact statement on the Qantas Airways Ltd case concerning whether car parking provided to employees near major airports was subject to Fringe Benefits Tax. Comments due 16 March 2015
- Decision Impact statement on August v Commissioner of Taxation concerning whether the profit from the sale of properties was income according to ordinary concepts or of a capital nature. Comments are due 16 March 2015
- ATO website's improved search function including ability to filter search results by the area of the ATO website you want to search as well as by current or previous year
The ATO has advised that PS LA 2015/2 regarding trustee assessments will be released on Thursday 19 February 2015.