In accordance of a decree which approves the implementing regulations of the Gulf Cooperation Council, the trademark office in Kuwait has implemented many new procedural changes.
- The opposition period has been increased to 60 days from the Official Gazette publication date.
- A legalized certificate of incorporation or an extract from the commercial register is now required to be submitted to support a trademark application. These documents can also be used for additional filings.
- The following will now be published in the Official Gazette: Notices for renewal, notices for the recordal of assignment, change of name, change of address, and change of local agent.
- Arguments can now be submitted within 60 days from receipt of notification in response to an opposition. Trademark holders now have 30 days from notification date when appealing the registrar’s decision in an opposition.
- The following documents need to be submitted within 3 months from the filing date: Legalized certificate of incorporation (or legalized extract from the commercial register), legalized power of attorney, legalized certified copy of priority document, if priority is claimed.