Ministry of Finance
Portaria (Ordinance) No. 2/2015, of 6 January
Defining the characteristics and structure of the file for the reporting of inventories to the Tax and Customs Authority.
Agência de Gestão da Tesouraria e da Dívida Pública - IGCP, E. P. E. Notice No. 130/2015, of 7 January
Setting the interest rate applicable to debts to the State and other public entities at 5.476%.
Presidency of the Republic
Decree of the President of the Republic No. 6/2015, of 12 January
Ratifying the Convention between the Portuguese Republic and the Republic of Croatia to Avoid Double Taxation and Prevent Tax Evasion in Respect of Income , signed in Dubrovnik, on 4 October 2013.
Parliament Resolution No. 3/2015, of 12 January
Approving the Convention between the Portuguese Republic and the Republic of Croatia to Avoid Double Taxation and Prevent Tax Evasion in Respect of Income , signed in Dubrovnik, on 4 October 2013.
Ministry of Finance – Office of the Secretary of State for Tax Affairs
Decree No. 309-A/2015, of 12 January
Approving the tax withholding rates applicable in mainland Portugal during 2015.
Vice-Presidency of the Regional Government of Madeira and Regional Secretariat of Planning and Finance
Portaria (Ordinance) No. 10/2015, published in Jornal Oficial da Madeira
(Official gazette of Madeira), of 12 January 2014
Updating the rate of the Tax on Oil and Energy Products applicable to the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
Ministry of Finance
Decree-Law No. 7/2015, of 13 January
Reforming the taxation regime applicable to undertakings for collective investment (UCIs).
- The foUCIs’ taxable profit is subject to corporate income tax (“IRC”), exception made to capital and real estate income and capital gains (if such income is not derived from entities residing in a country, territory or region that is subject to a clearly more favourable tax regime);
- Exemption from the municipal and state surtax;
- UCIs’ global net value is subject to Stamp Duty, on a quarterly basis, at rates 0.0025% or 0.0125%, depending on whether they invest exclusively in money market instruments and deposits or in other assets, respectively;
- Income paid by UCIs to Portuguese tax residents is subject to Personal Income Tax (“IRS”) or IRC, by means of withholding, at 28% or 25%, respectively;
- Income paid by real estate UCIs to non-residents, without a permanent establishment in Portugal, is subject to a 10% taxation;
- Income paid by investment UCIs to non-residents, without a permanent establishment in Portugal, is exempt from IRS or IRC;
The new taxation regime of UCIs comes into effect on 1 July 2015, notwithstanding the applicable transitional regime.
Ministry of Finance – General Directorate of Treasury and Finance
Notice No. 563/2015, of 19 January and Amendment Notice No. 66/2015, of 22 January
Setting the supplementary default interest rate applicable during the first semester of 2015.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Notice No. 2/2015, of 23 January
Making known that notes were received stating that the formal internal constitutional requirements for the approval of the Agreement between the Republic of Portugal and the Republic of Colombia To Avoid Double Taxation and Prevent Tax Evasion in Respect of Income, signed in Bogotá on 30 August 2010, have been complied with.
Ministries of Finance, Environment, Territory Planning and Energy
Decree No. 850-A/2015, of 27 January
Establishing the mechanism of voluntary reporting of the quantity of lightweight plastic bags and of payment of the correspondent contribution – which was established by Law No. 82-D/2014, of 31 December, and regulated by Portaria (Ordinance) No. 286-B/2014, of 31 December – applicable to economic operators who are not taxpayers under this contribution but have in their possession lightweight plastic bags whose contribution was not paid.
Ministry of Finance – Office of the Secretary of State of Tax Affairs
Decree No. 852/2015, of 28 January
Approving the personal income tax withholding rates applicable during 2015 in the Autonomous Region of Azores.
Legislative Assembly of the Autonomous Region of Madeira
Resolution of the Legislative Assembly of the Autonomous Region of Madeira No. 2/2015/M, of 28 January
Deciding to present to the Parliament the Legislative Proposal related to a regional tax regime.