Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, December 7, at 2:o0pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00pm. At 5:00pm, the Senate will enter Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #214, Travis Randall McDonough, of Tennessee, to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of Tennessee. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the McDonough nomination.
Additionally, given that Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has filed cloture on the conference report to accompany H.R.1177, the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, a roll call vote on cloture is expected to occur on Tuesday, December 8.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, December 7, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with no votes expected. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- S. 614 – Federal Improper Payments Coordination Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 1321 – Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015
On Tuesday, December 8, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 2795 – FRIENDS Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3842 – Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Reform and Improvement Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3859 – HSA Technical Corrections Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3869 – State and Local Cyber Protection Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3875 – Department of Homeland Security CBRNE Defense Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3578 – DHS Science and Technology Reform and Improvement Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 158 – Visa Waiver Program Improvement Act of 2015, as amended;
- S. 808 – Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3750 – First Responders Passport Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3766 – Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act, as amended;
- H.R. 2241 – Global Health Innovation Act of 2015, as amended;
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2297 – Hizballah International Financing Prevention Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 3831 – Securing Fairness in Regulatory Timing Act of 2015
On Wednesday, December 9, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Thursday, December 10, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business. The House will consider H.R. 2130 – Red River Private Property Protection Act (Subject to a Rule).
The House may also consider:
- Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 644 – Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015;
- Legislation to Extend Certain Provisions of the Tax Code;
- Consolidated Appropriations Act; and
- Senate Amendment to H.R. 3762 – Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015
Given that this is anticipated to be the final week in session this year, the last votes of the week have not yet been determined.