This week’s selected highlights in the Customs and Excise environment.
- Amendment of Schedules to the Customs and Excise Act, No 91 of 1964 (Act):
- Schedule 2:
- Retrospective amendment to 7 April 2016 of anti-dumping item 216.02 relating to electric cable from India of TH8544.60.10.
- Schedule 3:
- Retrospective amendment to 1 January 2016 of the definition of “Volume Assembly Allowance” of rebate item 317.03 (APDP) relating to the percentages of value for VAA purposes.
- Schedule 6:
- Amendment of notes and rebate items 620.22 to 620.24 relating to wine, vermouth and other fermented beverages.It now provides for refund items on products which have become off-specification, contaminated or have undergone post-manufacturing deterioration.
- Schedule 2:
- Draft rule amendments and application documents for the substitution of the Agreement on Trade, Development and Co-operation between the European Community and the Republic of South Africa with the Economic Partnership Agreement between the SADC EPA states, of the one part, and the European Union and its member states, of the other part, has been published for comment.
The explanatory summary provides as follows:
The exact date of provisional application is unknown at this point due to the fact that the EU has not yet notified in terms of paragraph 4 of Article 113 of the SADC EPA Agreement. The legislation will be implemented retrospectively if necessary.
Comment is due by 3 October 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.